Today, we celebrated your birthday.
 |
| Happy Birthday, Baby! |
You, my child, are a party animal. Fifteen minutes before your party was set to begin you were having an epic overtired meltdown. It was deserved though, seeing as you had only one nap.
However, when the doorbell rang and your first guests arrived suddenly you were all smiles. If you could talk, I swear you would have said, "Hello, ladies. Welcome to my home! Would you like to play?"
We really must conquer this shyness with which you are plagued. You had a friend that is almost your age, a friend that is only 3 months old (but she'll get more fun, I promise), a 3 year old friend, and a 1st grade friend that is in one of my classes. You loved everyone. I'm constantly amazed by your love of new people. You did NOT get that from me. Strangers scare me. Once I know someone, I open up but until then, I am super shy.
 |
| We're going to work on sharing toys... but you did pretty well for your first time. |
Growing up, Daddy and I didn't really have birthday parties. Mainly birthdays = family party. Of course, we're almost a day's drive away from our families. Therefore, Daddy and I decided we'd do a small party. We'd invite our friends (and people who adore you) and just do it that way. In the future, we're probably just going to make your birthday a family day for the three of us. We'll do something special together and skip the party. Of course, I said that when you were born and we still ended up with a party.
 |
| Your party hat lasted exactly three seconds. Luckily, I got pictures! |
Granny and Grandad came down for Thanksgiving so they were here for your party. Hooray! Since Grandma and Grandpa couldn't make it, we Skyped so they could be part of the party, too. They enjoyed seeing you gum your cake.
 |
| "Hi Grandpa! Hi Grandma! I've got cake!" |
You are definitely a fan of cake. I made you an apple cupcake. I tried them and they were delicious. They were in no way healthy, but they did contain all natural ingredients. Sugar is all natural, right? Instead of topping it with a super sweet frosting, I made you whipped cream. You love whipped cream.
 |
| Mmm, Mama! I like this stuff! |
 |
| More whipped cream, Mama! MORE! |
Your guests were very nice and brought you some presents. Most 1 year olds I've seen don't understand the concept of present opening. Ohhhhh, brother, you get it. In fact, we may have created a monster. You love opening presents. You really don't need us to help you open presents. You understand. Christmas ought to be interesting.
 |
| Okay, okay Mama! I've got it! |
 |
| This is my concentration face... |
 |
| Can I keep this bow, Mama? |
You loved the monkey, the books, and the blocks. However, the stacking cups were your absolute favorite gift. You played with them for hours. I've never seen you play with one toy for so long. You love them.
 |
| Shhh Mama...I'm playing with these cups. |
All in all, it was the perfect first birthday party. I hope you had fun, Little One.
We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment