Today is usually Mama's cranky day. I love my job, but I hate leaving you every Monday. However, it's a long weekend so tomorrow will be my cranky day.
We went to breakfast this morning and did our weekly shopping. After our trip yesterday and your lack of naps, we made sure we were home for your naps.
This afternoon, you were playing in the living room with Daddy and I. Lately, you're fascinated with pillows. Sometimes you'll lay down on them or put your head on them. Today, you kept laying on a pillow that was put in the corner of the L part of the couch.
Then I got an ingenious idea. I took all the living room throw pillows and piled them in the corner, added Daddy's big red blanket, and laid down on the pillows. I immediately had your attention. You toddled over, sat down beside me, and leaned back on the pillow pile. "Hi!" I said. "Hi!" you replied.
!!!!!
It made my day. Daddy thought it would be funny to play "tickle Mommy." (I hate being tickled.) He waited until you were watching and then he tickled my tummy. You laughed as hard as I did. When he stopped, you came over and tickled me, too. Then you'd stage dive over me or just fall back on Dad. The three of us spent almost 30 minutes playing on the floor. Tickling Mommy, tickling Daddy, tickling Robbie. It was so much fun. Instead of stopping and running to get a camera, I just enjoyed the moment.
Later, Daddy took a quick picture of us using my cell phone so we'd have some kind of photographic proof of the time.
It is so exciting to see you learn new things. We know you're smart...it's amazing to watch you demonstrate your intelligence.

No comments:
Post a Comment