Dear Wombat,
Today you are one year old. Um, when did that happen? I cannot believe it was a year ago that we met you for the first time. You were so little, so helpless, so perfect.
| "Hi baby..." |
It goes without saying that you have turned our world upside down. You make the bad days better and the good days great. And to be honest, Little One, the bad days aren't all that bad with you around.
In one short year, you've grown and changed so much. I already miss the squirmy, cuddly baby you were a year ago. However, I love the walking, talking, independent little boy you are becoming. Daddy and I work hard to make sure we have fun together every day. It's the little moments the three of us spend together that I love. Those are the moments I never want to forget.
In one short year, you've grown and changed so much. I already miss the squirmy, cuddly baby you were a year ago. However, I love the walking, talking, independent little boy you are becoming. Daddy and I work hard to make sure we have fun together every day. It's the little moments the three of us spend together that I love. Those are the moments I never want to forget.
Age: 1 Year Old!
Height: **pending next week's doctors appointment**
Weight: **pending next week's doctors appointment**
Honorable mentions: You enjoy saying "hi!" to everyone we meet. Last night at dinner, you put your fork up to your ear like a phone and said, "Hi!" It was so funny to watch you "talk" on your phone. Daddy had to confess he talks more on the phone than he thinks.
Least favorite activity: Not getting your way. Finger and toe nail trimming. We are going to have to work something out, buddy. It is one of those tasks that has to be done. You hate every second of it. You do NOT like your feet or hands touched. I don't know if we should have done more trimming when you were younger (you still hated it then, too) or if it's just one of your quirks.
| Check mate, Daddy! |
Milestones: It seems every day you're doing something new. Within the last week, you have become obsessed with silverware. It has clicked in your head why we use forks and spoons. We've had several episodes of wrestling a spoon out of your hand after you've grabbed it from our hands while we're feeding you. I believe the screeching that ensues translates to: "NO MAMA! I CAN DO IT MYSELF! I DO NOT NEED YOUR HELP!"
| See Mama! I can do it myself! |
Have I mentioned you're fiercely independent? When you were learning to walk, you did not want one of us to hold your hands to help you balance. It's only gotten worse since you've gotten more steady. I would let you walk in public more often if you were content to hold my hand. Instead, you snatch your hand away from me and toddle off wherever you want to go.
| Holy Baby Bed Head, Batman! |
Words: We definitely have ball ("ba") and every once and a while we get "Da, da, da!" You only dole out the "da da"'s when you're in the mood though. My favorite though is when Daddy or I will call "here kitty, kitty, kitty," you almost always add a "kitty, kitty, kitty" to our call. Shockingly, the cats aren't buying it and still give you a wide berth. Though, you got to pet Ollie the other day and you were beside yourself with glee.
| Dad! I petted the kitty! |
Sleep: Naps remain hit or miss. Some days you get two...other days we're thankful for one. Your bedtime remains consistent (between 7 and 8pm) and most of the time you sleep all night. However, when your teeth are bothering you, all bets are off. The mournful cries in the middle of the night break my heart. Of course, I've never seen Daddy jump out of bed, throw off his CPAP machine, and race into your room so quickly. If I wasn't half asleep, I'd giggle.
Best Moment: Today was just about the best day ever. It is definitely the best birthday I can remember. The three of us spent the day together. We got your hair cut, went to lunch, and went to a children's museum for you to play. It's amazing the difference two months makes. You were a different child at the children's museum this visit.
Eating: You are an eating machine! We're slowly giving you the same foods we're eating. You loved the chicken thighs, chickpea fritters, and avocados we had for dinner the other night. I'm excited about you trying new foods. You love broccoli and asparagus, too. The whipped cream and your birthday cupcake were a big hit, too.
| Whipped cream is outstanding! |
| Yummmmmmm! |
Teeth: No new ones that we can see. That being said, you had a horrible teething couple of days last week so something is going on in there. I just can't get your mouth open enough to see and there is no way I am sticking my fingers in your mouth...you bite!
It's been a wild and crazy year, buddy. But you're the best thing that has ever happened to your daddy and me. We love you to the moon and back. We can't wait to see what the next year will bring us.
Love,
Mama
| Birthday present, you say? |
| Oooo...trucks! |
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment