Sunday, December 15, 2013

Chatty Cathy

You have done some really amazing things in the last few days, buddy.   Daddy and I have been using baby sign language with you since you were about six months old.  We started easy with signs like "more."  Over the past few months, you've picked up on several of the signs.

You have mastered "more" and "all done."   I think that you believe "more" is only used in conjunction with food, but we're working on getting you to branch out from just using "more" for food.

In the past few weeks, your signs have taken off.  You now sign "please," "change," and just today "thank you!"  I must admit, "change" is hysterical.  It doesn't look much like the correct sign for change, but Daddy and I know that's what you mean.

I'm going to attempt to get video of you doing each of your signs, but you're a wily little weasel and you don't sign much when I have the camera out.  Maybe I need to work on the sign for picture?

At Target today, you rode in a big cart facing forward.  I think you liked it.  You barely moved the entire trip.  Instead, you looked around at all the cool things around you.  It was nice seeing where you were going instead of where you'd been, wasn't it, buddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment