Monday, December 9, 2013

Baby's First Cold

Check another milestone off in the baby book: Baby's First Cold.

Saturday morning, you were simply not yourself.  You were whiny and clingy and every once and a while you would cough.  We spent the day playing and Mama did some cooking/baking.  Daddy and I figured your five (5!!!) teeth that were coming in were bothering you.  Though, the coughing made me nervous.  It's the same deep, chest cough that I get right before I get pneumonia.  Your entire face would turn red and it would scare Mama half to death.

After spending a sleepless night getting up with you coughing, whimpering, and otherwise just being miserable we called your doctor.  The next morning, you didn't want to play, you didn't want to read books.  All you wanted to do is sit with me and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  That is not my baby.  Something was definitely wrong.

Yesterday - Sick day
Sitting with Mama watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse makes me feel a little better.
After talking to the nurse, she suggested we run a vaporizer and give you some honey to help with the cough.  Um, no to the honey (Mama is just a bit cautious).   I needed to run some errands (and a wild vaporizer hunt) and while I was out I found some cold tablets made by the same people that make your teething tablets.  I figured, why not?

Those are magical tablets.  We could tell an immediate difference in your coughing.  We spent yesterday resting, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and getting better.

Daddy reports that today you were much better.  Much less coughing and much less clingy.  Judging by the state of the living room when I got home, you're on the mend!

Today - On the mend
Shhh, Mama...Sid the Science Kid is on.
Now...no more tv.  For the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment