Sunday, September 22, 2013

Month 10


Age:  10 Months



Favorite activity:  You love being around people.  You like watching them, you like them watching you.  If you're being social, you're happy.


Honorable mentions:  You are a hair's breath away from walking.  We see you getting braver and braver.  Daddy will let go of you while you're standing and you'll stand there for several seconds...until you realize you're unassisted and then you sit down/grab onto something quickly.  Crawling is all well and good, but you're dying to walk.  You push toys that aren't meant to be pushed just to practice more.



Least favorite activity:  Diaper changes and naps.  Diaper changes continue to be a screaming, screeching, wrestling match with a wild animal.  We just try to get finished as quickly as possible.  



Milestones:  Two days ago, you started signing "more."  It's so cool to know you understand!  For 10 months, we've been having one-sided conversations with you and hoping you understand.  Seeing glimmers of understanding are exciting!  You're learning so quickly.



Oh, and then these was this...

Words:  We have a first word!  One morning, I was getting my breakfast around and you crawled over to the baby gate to watch (you often watch me get breakfast going).  As I walked back to the closet, out of sight, I heard, "Ma ma ma!"  Your daddy and I looked at each other in shock.  "Does that count!?"  I asked Daddy.  "I don't know!  We always said if he could do it again, we'd count it."  Daddy replied.  When I picked you up to say goodbye, I got several distinct "Ma! Ma! Ma!"s.  You even smacked Daddy's hand away when he went to take you from me.  Everyone is shocked that you said Mama before Dada.  Mama, however, is thrilled.  

Oh, we also think you say "baby," "hi," and "mee-at" (meow/cat).



Sleep:  Lately, you've been fighting your afternoon nap.  Today, you were up from 11:30 this morning until your bedtime at 7.  I fear our days of two naps are coming to an end.  However, you are putting yourself to sleep consistently each night so we will get by on one nap a day.

I need more toys, Mama...
Best Moment:  One word: Mama.


Worst Moment:  Honestly, I can't think of a worst moment this month.  Maybe my memory is getting shorter or maybe things are getting easier or maybe I just love every single second I get to spend with you.



Eating:  You are now eating breakfast (fruit & grain; i.e. apples and oatmeal), lunch (veggies), and dinner (protein and veggies).  On the horizon, we are going to start transitioning you from the bottle to a cup, but I'm not 100% sure how to go about it.  Oh, and you learning this (TODAY!)


"I can explain..."
Teeth:  No new ones poking through, but I think I'm seeing some white on your bottom gum.  As Daddy said today, "here we go again!"


No comments:

Post a Comment