Dear Wombat,
I can't believe you're already two weeks old! Time is just flying by.
We tried to take you to get pictures done for birth announcements/Christmas last weekend. Epic fail. Even with an appointment there was a one hour wait. Mama was not about to wait an hour with you in a photo studio full of germy people. It's majorly inconvenient that you were born close to Christmas. Now we have to fight the Christmas crazies just to get a few professional pictures of your cuteness. It's kind of stressing Mommy out, the whole picture thing, because you're only going to be this little for a short time and I don't want to miss it! Luckily, your Daddy has plans and he'll make sure something happens if I tell him it's important to me. He's wonderful like that.
Also, let's talk about the hands. Good grief, child, get your hands out of your face! For 9 months, I thought about swaddling you and laying you down to sleep. Ha! Oh, I can try to swaddle you, but those sneaky arms always find a way to sneak out. You are one tricky little man. I wish you'd let me put you in the baby straight jacket, I mean swaddle, because you wake yourself up so often with your flailing appendages.
Speaking of sleep, please start doing that. You have a good night (only waking up twice and giving Mommy 3 hours of sleep at a time) and then you have a bad night (waking up every 2 hours with a 2 hour dance party from 3-5). Buddy, Mama needs sleep. Mama gets crazy eyes when she doesn't get sleep...and let's not even talk about her hair.
We spend a little time each day on our tummies which you hate. That being said, you're super strong already and starting to have better control over your head. Soon you'll be able to hold it up yourself and Mama won't be so paranoid whenever someone else holds you. (Yeah right)
Daddy has been working all week and boy do we miss him! It would be nice to stay home, just the three of us forever, but unfortunately life just doesn't work like that. Luckily, Daddy can come home at lunch time and check on us and snuggle you. It's always fun to snuggle you, my little wiggle worm.
Christmas is quickly approaching and we're looking forward to starting new family traditions with you.
We love you more and more each day.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment