After you ate breakfast, we loaded up the car and headed for Grandma and Grandpa's house. You were very patient riding in the car and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's and you had a lot of fun running and playing with your toys. You inhaled the yummy stuffed pork chops that Grandma made for lunch and after playing a little bit more, we sat down to watch your show before your nap.
I took you upstairs for your nap, like we've done dozens of times before. Thus began two and a half hours of chattering, babbling, and general merriment. Of course, I forgot the baby monitor so I sat at the bottom of the steps listening to this. You would get quiet...and then you'd babble...quiet...then babble. I would go up and check on you at regular intervals. Around the two hour mark, you had been quiet for about 15 minutes. "Finally!" I thought and went to the kitchen to help Grandma with dinner. Ten minutes later, I came back and went upstairs to check on you.
I tiptoed to the side of the pack 'n play and saw this:
"Aww...how sweet," I thought "he wrapped himself up in the blanket and fell asleep."
I gently started pulling the blanket form because you wrapped up in a blanket is not safe and did not find a form. There was no baby in my pack 'n play!! My first thought was one that would cost me a dollar with Grandma. I immediately started looking for you and trying not to think of the stairs you could fall down at any moment.
As I raced into the hall, I noticed the door to the bathroom was open. I clearly remember that door being closed when I left you upstairs.
There you were, sitting in the bathtub and having a wonderful time. How you got into the bathtub, I don't even want to think about. "Wombat!" I exclaimed half relieved, half angry, half laughing. You jumped a mile. Evidently, I scared you.
The only reason this is remotely funny is because you are perfectly fine. I am so thankful for that, because this could have ended horribly.
I love you, buddy. Please stop giving Mommy a heart attack.


No comments:
Post a Comment