Age: 20 Months
Favorite Activity: Being a daredevil! You are constantly climbing on things. Luckily, you haven't decided to start jumping off things...yet. One day, you climbed up in Daddy's chair and decided to climb on the arm. Luckily, I was there as you toppled over the side toward the hardwood floors and impending doom and I was able to grab you, by the leg, before you hit the floor. You thought it was hysterical and were giggling the entire time. I was not as impressed.
You have also decided you love playing in your room and your crib. I don't know where/how you got the idea because I have been very strict about never letting you play in your crib so that you know the crib is a place to sleep, not play. While in your room, you have discovered that baby in the mirror. He is adorable and I catch you making faces and interacting with him quite often now. It's hilarious to watch you watch him making the same movements and facial expressions as you.
Honorable Mentions: You love playing outside. Often, you drag your bubble mower around as we move around the yard. You are an excellent helper when we pick black raspberries. Well, I pick raspberries, you steal them from my container. You also love to visit the piggies out back. My favorite part of the day is our morning walks. Some days you chatter a mile a minute as we walk and other days you just ride and take in the sights.

You also LOVE coloring. You will color for a long time given the opportunity. I'm still very controlling over your access to the crayons, but so far you are doing an excellent job keeping the crayons on the paper.
Least Favorite Activity: Coming inside or stopping something before you are darn good and ready.
Milestones: Baby's first ice cream cone! Baby's first mosquito bites. :( Raspberry picking!
New Activity: You love going outside at our new house...but you're cautious. The walk through the grass back to visit the neighbor's pigs is the only time you willingly hold my hand. You're not quite sure what to think of all the grass and uneven terrain.
You also love playing in your turtle pool. Daddy and I are working on getting your sandbox up here, but it may take us a little while.
Communication: You are getting more verbal every day. It's funny when you repeat things we've been saying out of the blue. For example, one day you passed gas. Before I could say anything, you looked at me and said, "I toot." Then you ran off giggling. Sigh. The fart jokes are already beginning.
You also understand that sometimes my questions require an answer so you will shout, "OTAY, MA!" It is just about the cutest thing ever.
Sleep: You have decided your new bedtime is 10 o'clock. Oh, no, sir. You still go to bed at 8 because I don't want this new bedtime catching on.
Best Moment: Getting to spend my days with you is wonderful. I'm so thankful we have this time together.
Worst Moment: You got the worst diaper rash/yeast infection this month. It was horrible seeing you in pain. We made it through with lots of diaper rash cream, baking soda baths, and free birding at home. Let's never do that again, mmmk?
Eating: You still don't care for beef. However, you will eat a hamburger IF we let you take bites like a big boy. Sigh. Stop growing up so fast!
Favorite Foods: You love Cheerios. We've gone through a box and a half of Cheerios this month. Yikes, buddy!
Teeth: We have good teeth days and bad teeth days. Hopefully, those 2 year molars pop through soon!
Oh, and this! You and Grandpa are definitely partners in crime. The two of you love causing trouble. When it comes time to get in a car to go visit, all we have to ask is, " Do you want to go see 'Pa?" Then you race us to the door.









No comments:
Post a Comment