Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Last Day

Wow. It's here, buddy. Our last day in this town. 

The next few weeks are going to be full of changes. Luckily, you weather changes like a pro. We are going to spend some time away from Daddy and I dread how sad that will make you...but it's for a good reason. Daddy will miss us like crazy, but he's going away so that he can take care of us. That's what your Daddy does. He always, always takes care of us. We're lucky to have your daddy. We should tell him that more often.

Personally, I cannot wait to leave. I will miss my job, my workplace, and our friends terribly, but I will not miss this town. In fact, I hope you will not remember this town. 

I'm looking forward to our new adventure. A new house, a new job for Daddy, a new job for Mama, and a new world for you.

However, there will always be a small part of this town with me that I will hold special because it's where we met you. It's where we brought you home from the hospital. It's where you learned to crawl and then walk and then run. I will always remember you standing at the doorway, yelling, "Ma! Ma!" for the first time. 


I have my issues with this town, but at the end of the day, I've loved living here because it brought us to you.

1 comment: