Age: 19 months **Red chair picture coming...once it's unpacked**
Favorite Activity: Watching the gravel trucks driving down the road at Grandma and Grandpa's house. You would have spent the whole day watching them if you were able.
You also love to swing. You have your very own swing at our house, Granny and Grabdad's house, and Grandma & Grandpa's house.
Honorable Mentions: You are an excellent helper. You love helping Grandma or I push Grandpa's wheelchair. You've only pinched your fingers once, which made me super sad, but you recovered quickly and finished helping push the chair.
Least Favorite Activity: We had to introduce time out this month. At Grandma & Granpa's house you were fascinated with the fan. Fans are a no. A non-negotiable no. We tried our old methods of saying no and redirecting, but you kept going back. I tried swatting your hand. It was not my proudest parenting moment. I hated it...and you just giggled at me. So now, when you touch the fan, I stop whatever I'm doing and sit down in a chair with you on my lap for 1 minute. Oh how you hate it. You loathe being confined. Having to be still for a whole minute is like torture for you. Once you've served your time, I tell you why you had to sit and send you on your way.
It is funny, however, when you start yelling for Grandpa to save you. " Pa! PA!" you shout. Ohhhh, little man, Grandpa can't save you now.
Milestones: You are an expert in climbing up into our chairs and the couch. You even bamboozled Grandma in order to sneak upstairs at her house. You've mastered going up stairs, you have not mastered going down. You are also able to answer questions and follow directions when asked. It's very exciting to Daddy and I when you understand. Even if you don't obey, you understand!
New Activity: Grandma taught you to blow kisses. Now, when it's time for bed, you blow kisses and say "night!" to anyone in the vicinity.
Since you've broken your leg, I involuntarily gasp every time you take a tumble especially on the hardwood floors. Now, when you fall, you pop up and exclaim, "Otay!" before you go toddling off to continue your adventure. I greatly appreciate the reassurance.
Words: "Night, I'm sorry, " just to name a few. However, it's less about words right now and more about sentences and phrases. You also know that a cow says "moo," a horse says "neigh," and a kitty says "meow." You also point out noses, eyes, ears, chins, and mouths on other people. On you, it's a bit more challenging.
Signs: You're using "please" and "more" consistently during meals.
Sleep: Sometimes you fight nap time and bedtime. You're just having so. much. fun. Generally we put you to bed around 8 and you're asleep by 9-9:30. Putting you to bed later just prolongs your actual sleep time so we keep your bedtime consistent. I did enjoy our slumber parties while we were at a grandma & Grandpa's and Daddy was packing up the house.
Best Moment: For Memorial Day weekend, Daddy and I went to see my surgeon and then we took you to Myrtle Beach for a couple days. Last year when we went to the beach you were a little over 8 months old. You liked playing in the sand, but you hated the ocean. Hated it. You touch the water, the water does not touch you!
This year, you immediately loved it. We walked into our condo and you raced over to the sliding glass door and exclaimed, "Woooooow! Woooooooow!" over and over again. That moment alone was worth the cost of the trip. You playing on the beach and jumping waves with Daddy and I was just the icing on the cake.
Worst Moment: Nothing horrible or traumatic stands out in my mind. You have been delightful this month.
Favorite Foods: You love your fruits and vegetables. This month it seems like cucumbers are your favorite. Though, you stole Daddy's apple from his plate at Pabera one evening and proceeded to eat at least half of it. All by yourself!
Now you enjoy eating whole apples all by yourself. I don't leave you unattended with it, but you have a wonderful time while you're eating it.
Eating: You can eat just about anything. You don't eat everything, but you can. If I slip something you don't like onto your high chair tray, you politely hand it back to me or impolitely chuck it on the floor. Manners are a work in progress!
We went for frozen yogurt this month and you love eating your own frozen yogurt with your own spoon. You're getting so big! You are starting to insist on feeding yourself more, which is messy. However, you're getting better!
Teeth: I can see white on the bottom right. I'm pretty sure your 2 year molars are trying to come though.
Oh and this! You make these little "mmmm" noises the entire time you eat. It's hilarious. The more you enjoy what you're eating the louder you "mmm."
Oh and this! You make these little "mmmm" noises the entire time you eat. It's hilarious. The more you enjoy what you're eating the louder you "mmm."










No comments:
Post a Comment