Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow Day!

Today Mama had a snow day!  Hooray!  Right now, you don't understand what snow days are, but someday, buddy, you are going to be just as excited as I am about a snow day.

Of course, I woke up an hour earlier than I have to on work days and you slept an hour later than normal.  I got a lot done while you and Daddy were sleeping though.   Finally, around 8:30 I heard you chattering over the baby monitor.
Your bedhead this morning was adorable.
While you drank some milk and ate your strawberries and kiwi, I made you appleasauce pancakes.
...which you loved.
We had a wonderful chat while you ate breakfast and I made pancakes.  You ate two pancakes.  So you must have really liked them.

"Yes, Mama...you can kiss me, if I get another pancake."
After you finished breakfast, you played in your kitchen helper while I did the breakfast dishes.  You nose is running like a faucet because you are getting some molars.

I love this thing, Mama!  What else can I play with?
Then we went to the living room to play.  Daddy woke up and came out to play, too!

This is mostly what I see when you're playing.  You are constantly on the move!
You tried to escape...
"I know you and Daddy step on this thing and the gate opens...why isn't it working for me!?"
You read your books.
Then, you had your morning tired spell.  You've decided you don't need your morning nap anymore, but you get to a point when you want to cuddle and watch an episode of Sid or Mickey.  Once you've had your one episode, you are up and on the move again!

Watching Mickey together
After your rest period, we baked cookies!  I'm tempted to make this our snow day tradition, but there's all the cookies that would produce if we live anywhere but where we live now.

You did an excellent job mixing with your beater.
"Okay, Mama...now you mix it all together."
"Hang on...I think I should taste that dough to make sure it's ok."
Once the cookies we baking, you helped me vacuum the living room.

"Hey Mom, you missed a spot over here."
By then, it was time for lunch!

We had cucumbers and chicken and crackers.  It was all your favorite c's!
After your (3 hour!) nap, we played some more.

You pushed your wagon around the living room.
At some point, your socks disappeared.

"No Mama, I don't know where my socks are..."
We tried on hats so that we were prepared for the Snowpocolypse that was headed our way.

No, no Mama...this is YOUR hat.  Mine is green.
Finally, it was dinner.  We had Grandma's pepper steak.  You are still unimpressed with beef, but you loved the veggies, mushrooms, and quinoa.

"You're taking my picture...that means I'm eating something that will potentially cause me to make a face.  I'm on to you, Mother."
Yum!  Quinoa!
Finally, we snuggled up in Daddy's chair and watched our daily episode of Sesame Street.  It was a rerun, but you didn't seem to mind.  

Look up high / In the sky / It's a school! / It can fly!
And tomorrow, we get to do it all again!  I hope you enjoyed your first snow day, Little One.  Tomorrow we will play in the snow.  I can't wait to see your reaction to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment