Age: 4 Months
Weight: 16 pounds, 6 ounces
Height: 26.5 inches
Favorite activity: Eating your feet. Oh goodness, child. On March 15th, you discovered your feet and they are the greatest thing ever. Every chance you get, you've either got them in your mouth or your oogling them. Last night, I had already put your sock back on about 4 different times in the last hour. As you were swinging in your swing I looked over and you had a foot in your mouth. You saw me looking, chomped down on that sock, and pulled it off your foot. You gave me the biggest grin as that sock dangled from your mouth. I can already tell you are going to be stinker.
![]() |
| It took me forever to get this picture. Every time you saw the camera, you'd pull your foot out of your mouth. I think you know you shouldn't be eating your feet so you don't want it documented. |
![]() |
| Mom! This is so cool! |
You're
pretty good at going from your tummy to your back, but back to tummy is
tough! That stinkin' shoulder is the only hurdle you have left. Any
day, Little Man. Any day.
You are fascinated by everything. All of a sudden, you've discovered that there is a world all around you. You love to look around. We took you on a walk this month and it was like you'd never been on a walk before. What are those? Trees! Ooo, look that bush is moving. Ohhh, look at the neighbor's flag. It's up high and it moves. I like it! ![]() |
| One of the few times you'll let me cuddle you anymore...you're too busy looking at everything around you. |
Least favorite activity: Napping is your new nemesis. I think you're reluctant to sleep and miss anything that is happening while you are asleep. Just like your Daddy when he was young, you're afraid we're going to pop popcorn without you.
Milestones: Rolling from your tummy to your back was kind of a big deal. You also hit your 4 month sleep regression two weeks early. Mommy's little overachiever. Please locate Mommy's good sleeper and bring him back!
Words: You don't have words, but you are very expressive. You chatter along with us in the car and when we're talking. It's like you can't stand to be left out of the conversation. You're cooing and picking up new sounds every time we turn around.
Sleep: You are smack dab in the middle of the 4 month sleep regression period. You take two or three 15 - 30 minute "power naps" every day. That's it! You're running Daddy ragged. Luckily, you seem to be sleeping well at night, so it's a trade off. Most nights you sleep in your crib, but it takes multiple trips to get you settled and sleeping. Your daddy doesn't give up though. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's such a good daddy. You're a lucky boy.
Best Moment: Listening you and Daddy giggle the other night while he changed your diaper. You laughed so hard you guffawed. It was hilarious. Luckily, I caught a little of it on video.
Worst Moment: The nights when you get overtired are the worst. You're inconsolable and it breaks my heart. Once again, Daddy is a trooper. He rocks and shushes you until you eventually stop fighting and fall asleep. Me? Generally, I'm sobbing in the next room because you sound so heart broken. Crying I can handle, sobbing/screaming/pitiful whimpering I cannot. Mommy is going to work on getting tougher. Good luck with that.
Eating: Your eating is all over the board. For a week or so you were drinking 7 ounces per feeding. Hungry boy! Then you went to four or five ounces a feeding. Now you're handing out around 6 ounces. We plan on 6 ounces and sometimes you finish the whole bottle and other times you don't. I figure you'll stop eating when you're full and so far that seems to be working out for us.
Your doctor mentioned talking about starting solids at your 4 month appointment but I'm not sure we're going to start you right at 4 months. I think we may hold off to the APA's recommended 6 month mark. We'll talk to your doctor and see what she says. I want you to get all the nutrients you need so we'll base our decision on what is right for you.
That being said, you now realize when we are eating. You are definitely interested. You watch every bite like you're trying to figure out how to do that, too. You may be ready sooner than we think.
That being said, you now realize when we are eating. You are definitely interested. You watch every bite like you're trying to figure out how to do that, too. You may be ready sooner than we think.
Teeth: We think you may be getting a tooth, but we're not sure. You have a lot of the signs of teething...but no actual teeth yet. Goodness you're drooling. Yipes!






No comments:
Post a Comment