Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Giggle?

Good morning, Wombat!

Last night, you slept like a champ.  I hesitate to even talk about it because it might jinx it.  You were in such a good mood, we called Grandma and Grandpa so you could Skype.  You skyped for a little bit  before you got fussy.  Don't worry, you had time to play patty cake with Grandma.  You yelled at us for a bit and then you conked out.  Typically, you get almost hysterical when you're overtired or overstimulated and then you crash.  Out like a light.

We put you to bed figuring you'd be up like usual around 10 or 11 for your final meal before going to sleep.  When Daddy got up at 5 this morning to go to work, you were still sleeping.  At 6, when Daddy left to go to work, you were still sleeping.  Finally, at 7, I started hearing gurgling.  You didn't cry.  You didn't wail.  I got up and made your bottle.  Then we changed your diaper (note to Mama: overnight diapers start at 7PM from now on...sleeping in a regular diaper for 10.5 hours not what Mama wants for your bum).  Once your tushie was happy, I gave you your bottle.  You didn't devour it like you usually do.  No, you played with it for a while and then leisurely drank it with frequent stops to curl the paint with your burps.  Still no yelling.  Cue the Mama panic.

You seem to be just fine.  I've checked your temperature.  You're not in pain.  I'm confused, Little One.

Then, as we were playing with Mickey and Cookie I felt your cold little hands.  Brrr!  For once, my hands were warm so I wrapped mine around yours in an effort to warm them up.  We danced with our hands for a few minutes and then I heard it.  I think it was a giggle, but I can't be sure.  You did it twice. But when I called Daddy to get his opinion you wouldn't do it again.  Binker Stinker.

For the rest of the day we're going to try to get another giggle out of you, Wombat.  What's worse is I'm going to try to get it on video.  Yes, I am going to have that annoying camera in your face again.  Someday you'll thank me.

It's amazing the joy that your laughter can bring to others.  Laughter and a sense of humor makes everything better, Little One.  Never forget that as you grow older.


"A day without laughter is a day wasted."  ~ Charlie Chaplin

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment