Saturday, September 15, 2012

32 Weeks

Dear Wombat,

My what a wild couple of months it has been.  Time is flying by!  I can't believe in about two months, you'll be here.  Remember, we want to be fashionably late and hey, if you could make it on a Friday, Mama would REALLY appreciate it.

In July, I finally could tell -for sure- that SOMETHING was kicking me.  I'd felt little bubbles popping while we drove to visit Grandma and Grandpa and I think that was you, but by July there was no doubt.  I swear, sometimes I think you're playing wall ball or practicing your goal kicks in there.  Goodness!  Then come the flippies (someday we'll watch 50 First Dates and I'll explain why Daddy and I call them flippies).  For a while, I swear you were training to be a gymnast.  The flippies seem to have slowed down now.  I think it's because you've run out of room.

You are also very protective of your "bubble."  You do not like to be squished.  For example, in August when we went to see the doctor they took forever to find your heartbeat.  Why?  Every time the nurse found your heartbeat you would kick the doppler and move out of the way.  You also voice your displeasure when I wear pants that press on your bubble or when I lean against something that infringes on your bubble.  Now you're getting kicky when I sit cross legged.  The laptop I'm using to type this just moved to poke my tummy a little and you kicked me!  Evidently you need more room!

I swear, you also know when it's time to eat.  All the research says you can't smell yet, but I don't know that I believe that.  It never fails.  When I start cooking, sit down to eat, or even smell food you start kicking.  There's no "wait time" for the food to get to you.  Evidently, you know it's coming and I need to hurry it along.  Note taken, buddy.

As far as food goes, your Mama has a cast-iron stomach.  Generally, food does not disagree with me.  However, you have made your food aversions very clear.  Alfredo sauce and greek yogurt are absolute no-nos for you.  The alfredo sauce makes me sad, but I've never been that big a fan of yogurt (Greek or otherwise) so I understand that one.

You love spicy food.  Heck, the spicier the better.  This is challenging considering Mama doesn't eat and drink at the same time.  Need I mention your love of cookies?  Seriously, Little One, you have a reputation and you're not even here yet!  One of the ladies I work with once said that I will do anything for a cookie.  She's right, Wombat!  You haven't met a cookie you don't like...in fact, you need several just to make sure.

According to the doctor last Thursday, you are measuring perfectly.  Good job.  Mama is a bit of a perfectionist and you're fitting in just fine.  Keep up the good work!  Also, disregard Mama's perfectionist tendencies when it comes to your due date.  Aim for the 17th... pretty please?

Your daddy can't wait to meet you.  He still talks to you all the time.  I swear, you listen to him.  If I say calm down, you ignore me.  If Daddy says it's time to settle down, you calm right down.  As long as you're listening to one of us, I'll let it slide.  Daddy has been working hard to get your room ready.  He's hung your bookshelves and your decorations.  He put together your crib and your dresser.  He's a pretty handy guy to have around - who knew!?  There are so many things we can't wait to do with you and show you.  We often find ourselves saying, "Next year, we'll do this with The Wombat, right?"  You already have quite a To-Do list to complete!

Lastly, mister, you and I have gotten along quite well the last 32 weeks.  I take care of you and you are nice to me.  However, for the past few days you have been quite cranky.  If I try to cuddle with dad, you get upset.  You're sitting on my sciatic nerve which is hurting.  You're kicks are downright painful, Little Man.  I understand you're running out of room, but you still have 8 more weeks in there.  Do not make me cut off your supply of cookies!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment