Dear Wombat,
You're a boy! You're a boy! This is where most people will tell you how surprised they were to find out that you're a boy, but not your mama. No, Little One, I knew. I don't know how I knew, but I knew. When the ultrasound tech (you know, that mean lady that woke you up and kept shaking you around) said "It's a boy!" the first words out of my mouth were, "I win! I win! I win!" You see, Daddy and I had a bet. If you were a boy, I get to pick your name. If you were a girl (and let's face it, Mama knew you weren't), Daddy got to pick your name. Mama knows things, Little One. I will know when you are lying and I will know when you are sad. It's just part of my job. So remember that when you're telling me you did your homework before you went outside to play soccer.
You traveled to South Carolina this week to see my surgeon. He's pretty excited to meet you too. (I think everyone is.) He and your dad know exactly what to say to make things ok. You see, Mama is a little neurotic about her weight. Someday, I'll show you pictures and explain it all, but for right now....enjoy the cookies! I love how you're balancing out the cookie cravings with cravings for salad. You've learned early that eating a cookie is ok if you've had salad for dinner. Smart boy. We're going back to see him in January. Daddy is a little nervous about traveling with a teeny, tiny baby, but I know you, you'll love it.
Speaking of Daddy, he's a hoot. He talks to you every night. Of course, why am I telling you this...you know, you're listening. I'm going to have to watch him, though. He's using your name when he talks to you. Normally, no big deal, but we've decided not to tell anyone your name until you get here. Your name is a done deal and honestly, anyone who makes a negative comment about it is going to get full-on mama bear fury. We figure we'll just surprise everyone when you get here.
And about the worrying... I'm sorry. Most of the time, I can keep a handle on it. However, once and a while, it overwhelms me. Daddy is a good person to have around on those days. He can't fix the problem, but he can make it seem like its going to be ok. One thing you never have to doubt...your Daddy is going to take care of us. One way or another. You see, I'm a worrier by nature, Wombat. Grandma and Grandpa even sent me this book. I'll read it to you one night and you can begin to understand why I am the way I am. I know most of the things I worry about never happen, but can you imagine if I didn't worry about them and they DID happen. See, that right there, logic. (Your Daddy is probably rolling his eyes and thinking, "I'll show you what logic really is.")
Hate to break it to you kid, but I'm going to worry about you, too. Just remember I do it out of love.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment