Saturday, March 21, 2015

Zoo Trip!

I'm so excited to have a good zoo within driving distance again. So I used some money I got for Christmas to get us a family zoo membership. I'm looking forward to loading you up and heading to the zoo frequently throughout the year. 

We went with Granny and Gramdad last week and had a wonderful time. We gave you more freedom than the last time we went to the zoo. You were allowed to get out of the stroller and look around as long as you didn't run off. You could also ride in the stroller when you were tired.



You loved looking at the elephants and zooming through the ape building. Your favorite part of the visit was the playground. It's been several months since it's been warm/dry enough to play at a playground so you had a ball sliding down the slides and climbing like our very own monkey. After the monkey building, we walked down the biiiiiig hill, saw the koalas, and got some lunch. Note to self, on future zoo visits, pack a lunch. The food at the zoo isn't fit for animals. 



After lunch we rode the carousel. You're still a little leery of the carousel, but you enjoy it as long as you can keep a tight grip on me at all times. Instead of heading to the North American portion of the zoo, we went to the Rainforest. It was clear to tell you were getting tired. After leading me through the foliage to the tree climb, you were content to be held or carried the rest of the way through the building. Very out of character for you.



In our way out, I grabbed a drink for me and an apple for you. You ate your apple as we left and finished it shortly after we buckled you into the car. Within minutes,of getting on the road to go home, you had already fallen asleep in your car seat.

I vote zoo trip every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment