Monday, December 29, 2014

25 Months Old

Dear Wombat,

I haven't quite decided how to continue on with your monthly updates or even if I'm going to continue. For now, a letter seems to be my best choice.

Your 25th month was exciting! We celebrated Thanksgiving with friends. You enjoyed eating dinner in the garage or, as Uncle Robert dubbed it, "Metal Gymboree!"

Right before Thanksgiving we took you to story time at the library. Epic. Fail. You are not a sit and listen to a story then do a craft kind of kid. We stuck it out as long as we could, but eventually we gave up and left in a firestorm of tears. Luckily, our neighbor invited you to her classroom so her ESL students can read to you. It's short, it's sweet, and you love it! It's perfect.

This month, you decorated your first Christmas tree. It wasn't huge or spectacular, but it was ours. The Christmas tree and the lights were a big hit. You especially enjoyed the apple ornaments. In fact, we had to keep an eye on you so that you wouldn't take the apple ornaments off the tree because once, you tried to eat one!



You also got to play host for a couple of Daddy's players. We made breakfast for them before going to a college combine. You chattered along while they ate and seemed to love having company for breakfast.

I went to a girls event and made a gingerbread house. I had fun, but I missed you. The look on your face when I walked through the door holding the gingerbread house was priceless. You loved it and couldn't wait to eat it. I gave you the little gingerbread man and you were hooked. Eventually, I had to hide it in the oven because if it was out, you wanted to eat it. It took you exactly 15 minutes to find it. Then I had to find a new, better hiding place. Hiding Christmas gifts is going to be a challenge with you!




You also experienced your first Santa sighting! We went to dinner with Daddy one evening and Santa showed up! He even had a present for you. You weren't sure what to think of him, but you loved being the center of attention. You even remembered your manners and signed/said, "thank you." Way to make your Mama proud.


We also went to the Christmas party at Daddy's work. You had a lovely time "playing" pool (sitting on the pool table rolling balls). You looked mighty handsome, too.


This also happened:

One of my cousins sent you this outfit and I finally decided to put you in it. Oh. My. Gravy. The cuteness was almost too much. You kept checking yourself out in the mirror and giggling. It was so adorable.


Daddy and I are pretty sure your sleep sack days are numbered...especially when I found you like this one morning:

In short buddy, you keep us hopping and life is never dull. We love you so much.

Love,
Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment