Very soon, buddy, our lives are going to change. Daddy and I will essentially switch jobs. Plus, we'll have a new house for you to destroy...er, explore.
I thought, before all this change happens, I would document how I see our days.
6:30-7am: Over the baby monitor, we hear..."ba! Ba! Ma!" or something of that nature. Generally, you wake up happy. Rarely, do you wake up crying unless you are absolutely starving or you've had a leak.
Daddy gets up and goes in to check on you while you're waking up. (You are my son, you wake up veeeery slowly...and do not bug you until you're ready.) One morning, Daddy went in to get you before you were ready and you batted his hands away, rolled over, and went back to sleep. THAT'S MY BOY!
7:01am: As soon as you get up, Daddy or I change you and then it's breakfast time. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Feed. Me. Now! Daddy or I hand you a cup of milk to calm you while we put a bib on you and buckle you into your seat. I envision you demanding coffee in a similar manner when you're in college. While Daddy feeds you, I take a shower and get ready for work. You generally have some whole milk yogurt, fruit, and some Cheerios.
7:30am: When I am out of the shower and dressed, I come to the kitchen to pack my lunch, make my breakfast, and get my water for the day. You usually hear me puttering in the kitchen and come to the gate to greet me. Some mornings, you're too busy planing with your trucks to worry about me.
7:45am: it's time for me to leave for work. I ask you for a hug and a kiss before I go. Some days I get one...some days, I get pushed toward the baby gate with a spirited "BYE!!" (You're obviously heartbroken, but trying to be brave for me.)
![]() |
| Fun run shirt...it lies, but it was fun to wear. :) |
11:15am: Lunch time!! Well, for me. I call Dad or Dad calls me and I get to talk to my boys while I eat my lunch.
1:30pm: Text Daddy to see if you're napping. (On the good days, you are.)
4:01pm: I am OUT the door at work. My boys are waiting!
4:07pm: Arrive home where you drop whatever you are playing with and meet me at the baby gate.
4:08pm: You demand to be picked up and we talk about your day. Often, Daddy makes dinner while we're catching up. I love cooking...but you will not stand for me being in a separate room.
5:30pm: Dinner! Will he eat meat tonight? What weird veggie did Mama put on my plate? Where's my milk!?
6:00pm: After dinner playtime! Sometimes, we take a family walk.
6:45pm: Every other night, it's bath time. I wash. You splash. A good time is had by all.
7-7:15pm: You come over to me and distinctly demand "Elmo!" Sigh. That red monster is catnip to toddlers.
![]() |
| Once we move, we're going to have to look into your own chair. You're very active during Sesame Street these days. It's like trying to cuddle with an acrobat. |
8:30pm: Minimal trips back to rebink and settle you and you are out.
I can't wait to figure out our new schedule, buddy. It is going to be an adventure.



No comments:
Post a Comment