Monday, May 6, 2013

First Foods: Sweet Potato

Well, we can knock another milestone off the list.  First food!  Saturday night, you tried sweet potatoes.

As soon as you saw the bowl and the spoon, you were interested.  You've been intently watching us eat for months now.  I think you figured this was just another example of Daddy and I eating and not sharing.  You were very excited when you realized that the stuff in the bowl was for you.  Then Mama put it in your mouth.


You were less sure.  However, you picked up the technique quickly and enjoyed your sweet potatoes.  We're still working on the tongue motion, but you love real food.  Daddy is going to take some video tomorrow night so we can see how excited you get when it's time for food.  There is no doubt where you want me to put the food.  You open your mouth so wide I can almost see your stomach.  You also start slamming your hands your high chair tray if I don't put the food in fast enough.

Final sweet potato verdict:  YUM!



I think next we're going to try avocados.

No comments:

Post a Comment